Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Timely and accurate recording of agency revenues in accordance with GAAP
- Operationalize the accounting for existing and new accounts (clients), suppliers and contractors.
- Research and resolve technical accounting issues surrounding revenue recognition.
- Identify and implement process improvements that increase accuracy and efficiency
- Identify trends or issues that require management’s attention.
- Produce and present periodic and ad hoc reports to the senior management & business owners.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and analyses.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Oversees the General Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Cash Application functions. Supervises the accounting staff with day-to-day and periodic accounting functions.
- Manages the monthly close process, ensuring that all entries are correctly input and accurately reflect the financial events of the current period and adhere to best accounting practices and standards.
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed within the corporate and timeline, including reporting requirements.
- Performs detailed account analyses, identifies account misstatements and courses of action to correct.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations and reports for all balance sheet accounts. Investigates any exceptions and determines appropriate course of action.
- Works closely with the payroll function to ensure that all wage-related information is accurately reflected in the financial statements and all appropriate accruals are made.
- Assists the Financial Controller to Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures for accounting related functions.
- Consistently reviews processes and gives recommendations for improvement. Acts as cash manager in maintaining cash balances for all bank accounts, independently determines appropriate balances and necessary transfers.
- Leads, supervises, and develops staff.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly sales tax analysis and payments.
- Cash Flow management and reporting
- Manage the year end audit process with the auditors
- Budgeting and forecasting
Revenue Assurance and Collections:
- Account for and monitor collection/payment of non-standard contractual revenue streams. Reconciliation of supplier/clearinghouse data to internal data and resolution of differences.
Special projects as assigned:
- Provide accounting input to new projects & technology. Create new tools/databases to compress month-end close.
- Full deployment of the Nigerian Tax Laws and Practice. The Pension Act. Quarterly reporting and audit schedules.
- Minimum of 6 years of Accounting and Finance experience.
- B. Sc degree in Accounting, Finance
- Professionally qualified
- Strong Excel skills as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Problem solving skills; Ability to find accounting and operational solutions for new business initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage details and data.
- Ability to build strong working relationships, having worked in an Advertising Agency
- Good people skills with the ability to work with management and department heads
- Ability to remain neutral always.
- Solid moral fibre with the ability to deal appropriately with issues involving fraud and corruption.