Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
A Hardware Asset Administrator is responsible for management and administration of End User Devices and peripherals using the Helix Remedy system to manage Asset calls and the Asset database throughout the IT Asset lifecycle.
Key Deliverables / Primary Functions
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate inventory of all EUD hardware assets, including computers, laptops, peripherals, and other hardware components.
- Manage the procurement process for new EUD hardware assets, including tracking deliveries, and ensuring proper disposal of end-of-life assets as per client processes.
- Assign unique asset tags to hardware assets and maintain a record of their location, status, and user assignments in the Helix Remedy system.
- Conduct physical audits periodically, to verify the existence and condition of hardware assets, reconciling the physical count with the database records.
- Ensure proper allocation of hardware assets to end users and track the assignment history, making adjustments in the asset database as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation related to hardware assets, including warranty information, and asset sign-off forms.
- Generate and provide regular and ad-hoc reports on hardware asset status, usage, and expenses using the Helix Remedy system.
- Interact with hardware vendors and suppliers for procurement, logistics, and disposal of assets etc.
- Manage and coordinate assets calls throughout the lifecycle keeping all stakeholders updated.
- Continuously assess and improve asset management processes and workflows to enhance efficiency and reduce cost. Provide continuous updates to the states of the Hardware Assets in the Asset database as changes are affected.
Core Functional Skills & Knowledge
- Technical Report writing
- Process Orientation
- System Administration
- Customer Needs Analysis
Core Behavioural Competencies
- Following instructions & procedures
- Delivering Results & Meeting customer expectations
- Planning & Organising
- Presenting and Communicating information
- NQF 4: Grade 12 National Diploma
- Additional Education -Preferred /Advantage
- 2 years’ experience in IT Asset Management.