in

Texas school shooting: The deadliest inside an elementary school since Sandy Hook

Texas school shooting: The deadliest inside an elementary school since Sandy Hook

The mass shooting at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, is the second deadliest school shooting in the history of the United States after the massacre that happened in Newtown, Connecticut.

In the last decade, Sandy Hook stood up as the worst massacre committed at a school.

Greg Abbott confirmed 15 dead at Rob Elementary School shooting. However, the last figures illustrate that 21 people died.

Of those 21 dead, 18 of them were children.

Sandy Hook school shooting

On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut.

After Sandy Hook, 17 students died at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in Parkland, Florida, on February 14, 2018.

By numbers, the Uvalde, Texas school shooting is the second deadliest massacre in an educational institution in the United States.

The nonprofit organization, Sandy Hook Promise, sent its condolences to the families and the communities.

We are devastated about reports that multiple people are dead, including children,” the Tweet reads.

“Our hearts are with the families and community as this tragic story unfolds,” the organization added.”

Sandy Hook Promise is a nonprofit organization founded by victims’ parents who lost their kids in Newtown, Connecticut.

Salvador Ramos, the shooter

According to Governor Greg Abbott, Salvador Ramos was a resident of the community. He entered the school armed with a handgun. However, law enforcement believed he also had a rifle.

“He shot and killed, horrifically, incomprehensibly, 14 students and killed a teacher,” said the governor.

According to multiple reports, the police pursued Ramos and kill him after the massacre.

After Abbott faced the press, the number of victims increased from 14 to 21. Those numbers are the official confirmation, leaving 18 kids dead and three adults.

Read Full Story At: Marca

Jensen Ackles says there was a scene in ‘The Boys’ he refused to film

Jensen Ackles says there was a scene in ‘The Boys’ he refused to film

Winner of R20.5m in Lotto last year is about to lose it all, says Ithuba