Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Based at East London to further strengthen our local Johannesburg Warehouse team, we are currently seeking a:
TECHNICAL SALES CONSULTANT – INDUSTRY (East London, South Africa)
Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate for this key function will be responsible for:
- Sell technical ingredients into the industrial sector (high volume manufacturers) and continuously assess customer requirements in order to increase baskets of Chipkins Puratos products sold to customers as per customer needs.
- Sell technical ingredients into the industrial sector (high volume manufacturers) and continuously assess customer requirements in order to increase baskets of Chipkins Puratos products sold to customers as per customer needs
- Provide professional product knowledge, technical expertise and advice to customers within the industrial sector with the objective of maintaining a high level of customer retention and customer satisfaction.
Conduct Product Needs Evaluation Analysis for customer and potential customers
- Set up appointments with customers for business dialogue/engagement /customer visits
- Communicate with customers effectively during customer visits or interviews
- Carry out thorough Customer Needs Evaluation and Analysis based on customer requirements as assessed during customer visits or interviews
Provide consultancy and support services for customer and potential customers
- Carry out and implement ingredient replacement projects/solutions
- Communicate with clientele regarding ingredient replacements
- Perform product demonstrations by showing the correct use of Chipkins Puratos products
- Attend to product enquiries
- Assist customers with “trouble shooting issues”
- Provide consultancy services to customers
Provide market information to Sale Representatives and Key Accounts Manager
- Prepare and bake-off Chipkins Puratos ingredients for customers and promote features and benefits of Chipkins Puratos products over those of competitors to customers, solution offerings, technical advice
- Compile Trial reports for Key Accounts Manager
- Provide contact reports on each customer and/or branch visit
- Compile Product Design and Status report
- Conduct Competitive Intelligence Assessment of opposition and competitors’ products
- Build relationships with customers/clients
- Perform other duties as per operational requirements.
- Grade 12 and any relevant Bakery qualification in Baking & Confectionery; preferably a National Diploma in Food Science and Food Technology
- Driver’s License
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Industrial bakery sector with in-depth knowledge of processes and procedures in Industrial bread plant bakeries; experience in functional bakery ingredients and bakery processing systems; experience in product development of bakery related products and systems; preferably SETA accredited certificate in baking.
- Computer literacy: MS Office suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, and general accounting principles and practices and concepts.
- Over and above normal working hours; flexible working hours are required depending on customer needs; extensive travelling is required.
- Written comprehension – the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Good communication skills – English is a prerequisite.
- Ability to read and write in English and any other language(s).
- Good personality, hardworking, team work, service orientated, creative, innovative, trustworthy, open to learn from feedback.