Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We celebrate the power of PLAY with the ultimate range of toys on the continent & deliver an unforgettable shopping experience that brings imagination to life! Toys R Us and Babies R Us Southern Africa, commonly referred to as Africas Favourite Toy & Baby store currently boasts over 50 stores, three of which are located in Namibia, Zambia and Bots…
Read more about this company
Store Manager (Vaal Mall)
Duties & Responsibilities
To meet store sales targets and deliver fantastic customer service whilst effectively planning, organizing and controlling all operations of a retail store in accordance with the Company’s standards and procedures. This document must be read in conjunction with the performance appraisal document and forms part of the employee’s terms and conditions of employment.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing, mentoring, and leading staff.
- Interact with sales merchandisers, representatives and regional managers to evaluate sales strategy and results.
- Enforcing and implementing AWESOME customer service to give customer a WOW experience.
- Attend to unique and individual shopping needs of each customer and always put the Customer first.
- Develop, motivate and inspire respective teams in an ENTHUSIASTIC manner.
- Maintains store staff job results by recruiting, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Authorise all work schedules (including but not limited to work, break and leave).
- Ensure continuous training and development of all staff, and consistently carrying out training.
- Scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results
- Handle customer complaints in a calm and professional manner
- Managing and controlling all daily store operations to maximize sales turnover whilst keeping stores expenses within allocated budgets and stock management.
- Managing and controlling all daily store operations including stores expenses within allocated budgets and stock management to maximise sales turnover.
- Minimise all controllable expenses and costs.
- Protect company assets and minimise all shrinkage, damages and theft.
- Executing of physical plans/ actions to achieve desired sales results and sales turnover, including motivating staff to do so.
- Retain records of all stock and financial transactions.
- Conduct floor walks daily and initiate warehouse and/or overstock replenishments and face-ups.
- Implement, monitor and enforce all SOP’s.
- Maintaining company merchandise and housekeeping standards.
- Coordinate and manage all key service providers in line with company expectations (including but not limited to guarding, security, cleaning and logistics)
- Enforce effective and efficient implementation of all sales promotions (Including but not limited to road shows, centre management liaising etc ).
- Identify marketing opportunities and communicate to all relevant parties
- Ensure promotions are executed timeously and execution is planned in advance.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric Certificate;
- Must have own or reliable transport to be able to work shifts;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Retail Environment, including 2 years’ of Management experience.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.