Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
To be responsible for all Unix/ Linux (open systems) related installations, modification, monitoring, testing and maintaining the cloud and infrastructure solutions. To provide specialised technical support and guidance through high level analysis, diagnosis and problem solving. Providing general technical consulting on systems to clients and engineers, co-operating with sales and support personnel on client requirements and needs as well as assisting engineers in technical functions.
Key Deliverables / Primary Functions
- Acts as the customer facing interface between Customer/Account and 3rd parties and actively identify any risks
- Be first point of escalating for service delivery complaints (all priority levels) with support teams.
- Oversees Service Management, Service Operations & Service Reviews to meet service standards in line with service level agreements and drive continuous service improvement.
- Manage Due Diligence reports and Proposals for new clients.
- Assist in the recommendation of product sets and define the go-to-market strategy supportive of company strategies.
- Active support and maintenance of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Management infrastructure is aligned to defined levels of quality, standards and operability as defined within negotiated and agreed service level agreements, service level parameters or contracts. From service transition, for the duration of the service agreement until migration or decommissioning,
- Create and maintain technical infrastructure standards & procedure.
- Evaluate operational compliance and assist in audit reviews.
- Participate in technical design and assist in defining thresholds for monitoring and support.
- Collaborate and strive to optimise engagement between BCX Divisions and establish and enhance relationships with customers and vendors
Core Functional Skills & Knowledge
- Problem management
- Product Knowledge
- Result Orientation
- Unix/Linux Systems
- Core Behavioural Competencies
- Job Match
- Applying expertise & Technology
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Delivering Results & Meeting customer expectations
- Leading and supervising
- Working with people
- NQF 6: 3 year Degree/ Diploma/ National Diploma
- OR NQF 4: Grade 12
- Additional Education -Preferred /Advantage
- 5 years’ experience in Unix/ Linux or
- 7 years’ experience in Unix/ Linux – Gr12
- Red Hat Sales Specialist – IT Automation & Management
- IBM Sales: Power Systems with AIX