- The Senior Technical Officer, Core Strategic Information (SI) under the supervision of the Strategic Information Lead will assist in the design, implementation, and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities at all levels of organizational implementation related to COVID-19.
- The position will supervise and utilize large data sets to find opportunities for improving program implementation, strategy optimization, and providing data-driven feedback to both the Government of Nigeria and the donor.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce high-quality analysis products on a regular basis for monitoring and evaluation of COVID-19 vaccination and strengthening health information systems for effective surveillance.
- Understand national and global policies and strategies for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project monitoring and evaluation in the sites is of international standard by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms and tools to ensure quality.
- Ensure the correct monitoring and implementation of the organizational M&E plan and strategies, and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) through appropriate mechanisms that focus on the quality of public health interventions implemented by the organization.
- Provide coordination and oversight functions on strengthening health information systems through strategic information processes and innovations that support all technical counterparts at both country and state offices, the Government of Nigeria, and the donor.
- Assist in the design, coordination, and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities at national, state, and local government levels.
- Develop data collection tools to capture and track the contribution of health facilities within the project towards the meeting of project targets and to better showcase achievements.
- Lead data analysis and health technology design to improve data use and guide organizational improvement, and reporting processes, consolidate program reports and promote learning and knowledge sharing.
- Lead data quality processes, deep-dive analytical models, and develop data visualization models and forecasting to inform program strategies.
- Routinely follow up with State teams for monthly data collection and reporting, coordinating gap and outlier analysis to ensure and improve on the quality of reporting.
- Provide technical assistance in building internal systems, standardizing reports, and developing strategies to strengthen and support the organization for improved project implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of COVID-19 programming in developing countries, especially Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical settings, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the issues surrounding COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy in Nigeria.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills, and tech-savvy
- Ability to design and provide health technology solutions towards strengthening health information systems.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ph.D. / MBBS / MD with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in project-level or state / national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- MSc / MA in Basic Medical Sciences, Statistics, Pharmacy, or similar Degree with 5 to 7 of years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- BSc / BA in Basic Medical Sciences, Statistics, Pharmacy, or similar degree with 7 to 9 of years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs is required.