The individual will be responsible for developing and implementing the risk management and business continuity programs, plans, efforts and initiatives across the operating companies in Africa and other markets as may be assigned.
- Implement risk management policies, framework and other initiatives with knowledge of leading standard such as ISO 31000 and COSO ERM
- Deploy the Business Continuity Management (BCM) program with the understanding of global BCM practices e.g. GPG 2018 and ISO22301
- Perform periodic review of the ERM and BCM framework based on bi-annual iteration or as agreed
- Support the Director, Internal Audit and Risk Management Africa to develop the annual risk management and BCM work plan to be approved by the Audit Committee
- Execute the Audit Committee-approved annual risk and BCM plan across Nigeria, CIV, Cameroon, Rwanda, Zambia, South Africa and other markets (as assigned) using the ERM framework
- Update the country risk profile twice a year for Nigeria, CIV, Cameroon, Zambia, Rwanda and South Africa
- Facilitate risk workshops/ interviews for risk profile update, risk deep-dives and key projects with Management to provide key risk insight
- Perform integrated assurance by reviewing all audit findings and all control monitoring deficiencies to consolidate control conclusions into the relevant risk rating in the risk registers
- Develop quarterly follow-up plan for risk action plans
- Support continuous integration of risk practices across various monitoring and resilience functions e.g. Compliance; HSE, Operations, SoX, ITGC etc.
- Periodically update Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and threat-specific contingency plans (e.g. election crisis; labour strike; epidemic etc.)
- Implement the resilience test and exercise program, report findings from BCP tests and make recommendations for improvements
- Identify business disruption threats and their impact on strategic plans, through the implementation of a threat assessment including mitigations
- Enhance risk and BCM competence by supporting management in applying & embedding the risk programs across Nigeria, CIV, Cameroon, Rwanda, Zambia and South Africa
- Deliver risk and BCM awareness/ training sessions across the organization and with third parties where necessary to enhance risk culture
- Deploy developmental initiatives to enhance risk and BCM competence for the team and risk champions
- Support all existing risk and BCM reporting protocol to ensure timely delivery of relevant risk and BCM report for governance committees and other stakeholders
- Engage widely within the Group and operating units and build working relationships to support uptake and effective application of risks practices.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director, Internal Audit and Risk Management
- Support VP and Head of Risk and Internal Audit in completing assessments of the group risk profile or other group projects as required.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (or related) in business, social science and related discipline
- Possession of certifications like CRMA, FRM; CIRM, CRISC, ACA, CIA, CBCI or other relevant professional qualifications in the specified disciplines will be an added advantage
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in risk management/business continuity management in a reputable organization, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Technology; telecommunications, or telecoms Infrastructure exposure is an added advantage
- Experience leading and facilitating risk workshops; strong oral and written skills for presentations
- Understanding and experience in applying any of the global governance frameworks in Enterprise risk management (ERM); internal control or compliance e.g. ISO 31000; ISO 22301; COSO Internal Control; COSO ERM; ISO 27001
- Experience in working across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous)
- Experience using GRC software
- Enterprise risk management
- Business continuity management
- Hands-on application of global GRC frameworks in risk management; controls and BCM
- Risk and opportunity identification
- Management reporting
- Initiative/ Judgement
- Relationship Building
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Change advocacy & awareness building
- Leading & Influencing
- Workload Management
- Customer Focus – People demonstrating this competency understand & exceed our customers’ needs. They develop trusted, reliable & collaborative relationships. They are consistently operating to the highest standards of service & delivery.
- Innovation – People demonstrating this competency constantly seek new & improved ways to deliver our products & services. They champion engineering & skills development, and work to create a collaborative and supportive operating environment.
- Integrity – People demonstrating this competency are open & honest in everything they do. They support financially & environmentally sustainable growth. They make socially responsible decisions and treat their stakeholders with respect.
- Be Bold – People demonstrating this competency are thorough in analyses & decision-making. They are courageous in expanding existing markets & developing new ones. They confidently pursue appropriate financial returns and are forward-thinking and ambitious.
- Sustainability– People demonstrating this competency are constantly seeking to create positive impact in the communities we serve.