Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We Want You:
Are you ready to pioneer innovation and redefine the landscape of software development? BET Software is on the lookout for a dynamic Senior DevOps Engineer 1 to join our trailblazing team. In this role, you’ll spearhead the delivery, optimisation, and maintenance of infrastructure databases and middleware capabilities, ensuring seamless support for the development and operation of cutting-edge solutions. Collaborating closely with dedicated teams, you’ll review solution designs, implement infrastructure and applications, and provide mentorship to our DevOps team. If you’re fueled by a passion for pushing the boundaries of software excellence, seize this opportunity and apply now to lead the charge into a future of endless possibilities!
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related.
- A minimum of 5 years in a Development/Deployments/IT focused role.
- Detailed knowledge of the SDLC and management of software projects.
- Previous Software Development skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Resilience and capability to be forward thinking and learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Design & implement CI/CD solutions using most appropriate approved patterns and for single and multi-tier architectures.
- Track monitoring and alerting of downstream operations to identify issues with CI/CD.
- Identify patterns/changes post new CI/CD.
- Use monitoring to track changes in patterns of systems performance.
- Share successful patterns for building applications/services and deployments across teams and/or products.
- Be actively involved with roll-back/forward decision making.
Planning preparation and participation
- Planning preparation – Gather business system requirements.
- Identify all dependencies, including those which may not be immediately apparent.
- Act based on understanding/findings to reduce the possibility of failure.
- Planning – participate in project planning.
- Working with project managers and developers to get software and systems up and running in a timely manner and ensuring long-term scalability for the business. Share operational needs and development forecasts to allow for accurate planning of projects in a timely manner.
- Explain and help teams visualise the end-to-end flow of software, through DevOps.
- Help teams get a better understanding of the steps involved to get CI/CD done which in turns brings value to the customer.
Implementation of solution
- Ensure solution has a High Usability factor, is reliable and maintainable.
- Understanding emerging technologies and methodologies such as microservices, and when to implement them.
- Understand and implement containerisation where the concept of virtualisation not only mimics the digital configuration of the hardware but also mimics the OS and libraries that encompass the entire runtime environment.
- Acquire all the skills needed to use and deploy:
- Server Virtualisation
- Network Virtualisation
- Provide/create/document and share diagrams of Infrastructure.
Support Testing and Verification
- Ensure the project management team and management team are informed of potential risks due to unfixed defects or fix defects.
- Develop a continuous automated testing strategy that would ensure testing is performed earlier in the software lifecycle, increases quality, shortens the long test cycles, and reduces the possibility of defects making their way into the production code.
- Assist developers in practising high quality/velocity methodologies such as test-driven development (TDD).
- Ensure that each change is built and verified by means of tests and verifications that would quickly detect any integration errors.
- Recommend tools and techniques that will enable high velocity delivery of applications.
Perform Monitoring and Configuration
- Ensure accelerated CI/CD with the use of continuous monitoring and configuration management tools.
- Perform upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment.
- Ensure that all modules are ready for production based on specific procedures.
- Ensure that the documenting of knowledge transfer happens.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of existing applications and platforms.
- Recommend solutions to enhance performance by gap analysis.
- Perform monitoring, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the implemented solution.
Use Tools and Technologies
- Display a thorough understanding of DevOps key concepts.
- Display knowledge of various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Identify new tools which would improve the overall effectiveness of DevOps.
- Use tools to increase the overall development velocity and code quality.
- Adapts to change and is open to new ideas and willing to take on new responsibilities.
- Able to handle pressure and can effectively adjust plans to meet changing needs/demands.
- Changes his/her interpersonal style and approach based on the circumstances.
- Adapts behaviour to maintain cooperative relationships with others.
- Accepts changes to task, plans and procedures in order to align with strategic direction of the organisation and appropriately adjusts behaviour and activities to changing conditions.
- Maintains a positive attitude in the face of change.
- Makes confident, timely, fact-based decisions drawing on a broad range of resources through collaboration with others and ensures others understand the decision before moving forward.
- Considers short- and long-term implications of the decision.
- Able to logically defend and explain judgements and decisions.
- Takes steps to accurately define the problem before seeking a solution.
- Bases decisions and evaluations on a careful and systematic review of relevant facts and information.
Resourceful and improving
- Generates new ideas and challenges the status quo, takes risk, supports change and encourages innovation.
- Searches for opportunity to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible.
- Solves problems through questioning the status quo.