Negotiation and Review of Agreements:
- Negotiate, draft, and finalise terms and conditions for a wide range of agreements and contracts and other legal documents.
- Review and interpret agreements, policies, procedures, and other relevant documentation to identify problems with respect to legality, enforceability, form and substance, and recommendations.
- Gather evidence to initiate legal actions or formulate defence, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of the case.
- Apply excellent legal drafting skills to develop requisite court processes to be filed in court as a claim or defence of lawsuits
- Manage and monitor cases through the enforcement process ensuring that all activities are completed in the required timelines and conform to court rules.
Legal Advisory Services and Legal Support:
- Conduct legal research on a variety of legal issues leading to the preparation of technically sound legal opinions, reports, and papers, summarizing results and including recommendations respecting implementation, form of response or course of action to be taken.
- Provide commercially focused legal transactional advice on company formation, articles of association, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, board minutes and resolutions.
- Provide expert and timely advice on law, legal procedures and wide range of associated issues.
- Communicate with Practice Partner and other team members on methods and strategies about debt collection services and procedures.
- Provide regular status update or progress report on debt recovery to clients.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of appropriate regulations and internal policies and procedures in relation to debt recovery.
Commercial and Litigation Reporting:
- Regularly write articles and prepare various reports for different internal and external audiences.
- To provide high quality legal service to allclients
- To develop and maintain productive and strong client relationship To establish and sustain relationships with other professionals
- To respect Partners, Senior Associates, Staff and clients, and in turn earn their respect;
- Support senior fee earners by providing technically sound legal advice directly to clients with appropriate supervision
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating adequate practice income, ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces Issuing of engagement letter and preparing fee notes.
- Responsible for ensuring effective management of time, effort and resources in order togenerate maximum efficiencies.
- To make appropriate/constructive recommendations for service improvement and participate in the growth and development of the units/departments/firm.
- Make a constructive contribution to the non-chargeable activities of the firm.
- Undertake special task and perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with departmental and Firm’s objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Law.
- Master of Laws LLM will be an added advantage.
- 7 – 10 years post qualification experience with a reputable firm.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) will be an added advantage.