We empower humanity with digital inclusion and help businesses, NGOs, and the government find the industry & market research they need. Founded in 2013, CrowdForce provides trusted industry and market research for public and private organizations, and financial services to individuals through our agent network. We’re located in the United States…
Read more about this company
Senior Android POS Engineer
- At Crowdforce, The Android POS Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. ‘Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- You should have experience in developing information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and deploying software solutions; you will join a team of developers responsible for building and supporting existing applications.
The Stack we are interested in includes:
- Native Android SDK and Android Architectural Components
- Translate technical requirement specifications into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Keep up to date on the best technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users;
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create products
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Expertise & Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- 4-7 years of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work with great minds.
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people.
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Health Insurance
- Professional Development stipend
- People Life event package
- Monthly Internet stipend
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.