Candidate will, provide accurate information for financial reporting and have specialized knowledge of all processes and procedures. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices. May act as a lead, providing subject matter guidance to team members.
The successful candidate will report to the Accounting & Tax Manager EA and WA.
What you will do
- Prepare annual financial statements, lead, and manage statutory audit process.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly booking closing financial reporting activities including Trial balance comparative analysis, making necessary adjustment entries on SAP such as provisions, accruals & recurring entries in adherence to reporting guidelines & deadlines.
- Fixed Assets Management including asset count & verification & following through on discrepancies, if any.
- Coordinate monthly balance sheet pack reconciliation and review meetings with all the Finance stakeholders. Drive resolution of variance with stakeholders.
- Coordinate payments of foreign based vendors in compliance with Central bank of Nigeria regulations and monitor vendors payment process.
- Drive Financial Reporting Manual (FRM)/ IFRS compliance, General ledger management, process improvements and functional KPIs.
- Monthly monitoring of Internal controls & follow ups to ensure proper approvals & timely archiving of support documents.
- Hyperawareness of business regulations & local laws & ensure operations within the same.
- Participate in cross functional projects & drive continuous improvements projects for accounting.
- Drive stakeholder management meetings and follow through on agreed actions.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects or any other duties as required from Accounting Manager and/or Finance Director, as necessary.
We believe you have
- Chartered member of Institute of Charted Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)/ACCA or in view
- Min. 5 years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience
- Experience working with SAP (A must have non-negotiable)
- Minimum 1st University degree (Bachelor) or equivalent in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- Having worked in a multinational will be an added advantage
- Experience in use of MIS and financial Reporting Systems is an added advantage.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Good interpersonal skills & excellent team player.
- Ability to work across boundaries.
- Self-driven to deliver results independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to details & results oriented.
- Practical Knowledge of IFRS / Local GAAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools especially excel.
- General knowledge of statutory regulations and tax laws, rules & regulations.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements