Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
About the job
- A Sales Manager is responsible for IBT, PERM, Group, and Leisure Sales, specifically targeting government accounts, ministries, and parastatals.
- Also responsible for bolstering sales related to meeting spaces, creating additional revenue streams, managing Food & Drink venues (including restaurants and bars), conducting site inspections, nurturing customer relations, and contributing to the sales strategy of the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As Sales Manager, you will analyse local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Cultivate and manage relationships with government entities, ministries, and parastatals to promote our products/services and secure contracts.
- Develop and implement targeted sales strategies to penetrate the government sector, ensuring a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to tailor offerings to meet the specific needs and requirements of government clients.
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations and proposals to government stakeholders, showcasing the value propositions and benefits of our products/services.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify trends, opportunities, and potential areas for expansion within the government segment.
- Monitor and analyse sales performance metrics, providing regular reports and insights to management.
- Stay updated on industry trends, policies, and regulations affecting the government sector to adapt sales strategies accordingly.
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the department’s adherence to achieving that strategy.
- Ensure Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, billing and processing contracts.
- Any other delegated task
What are we looking for?
A Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum of HND / BSc
- Minimum of 7 years and above in sales (hospitality industry)
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Strong understanding of government procurement processes and regulations.
Exceptional negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and nurture long-term relationships with government clients. Proficiency in Excel. Self-motivated, strategic thinker with excellent organizational and time management abilities.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field