We are looking for an ambitious, hardworking, skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers in the most professional manner. In this position, the Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Provide excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction.
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Take accurate food and drink orders, using an order slip or by memorization.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Meet with the restaurant floor manager to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good physical abilities
- Critical thinking and time management skills
- Patience, Personality and Perseverance abilities
- Active listening, effective communication skills with great team spirit
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Food safety training is a plus.
QUALIFICATION: Minimum of OND in any relevant field
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 1-year experience in similar role