Akparawa Ephraim Inyang-eyen was born on November 25, 1965, to the family of Mr and Mrs Akparawa Inyangeyen of Nung Nya in Ikot Ebiere of Onna Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
Between 1977-1982, young Ephraim obtained his O/Level Certificate from Etinan Institute, Etinan. He proceeded to the School of Basic Studies, Akamkpa from 1983 to 1985 and earned his A/Level in Mathematics, Chemistry and Geography.
Not done with his quest for education, Ephraim Inyang-Eyen in 1985 enrolled in the prestigious University of Ibadan, Nigeria where he obtained a Bachelor Degree of Science, Bsc in Chemistry (Second Class Upper) in 1988, and in November 2014 he obtained a Master’s Degree, MSc in Business Administration from the University of Lagos.
Mr Inyang-Eyen’s quest for more knowledge propelled him to be enrolled at Walden University for his Doctorate Degree, PhD in Business Administration.
Mr Inyang-Eyen began his professional career as an Auxiliary Teacher in the then Cross River State Teaching Service Commission where he taught Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics at Community Secondary School, Okat in 1982.
In 1989, during his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme, Ephraim worked as a Chemist with the Nigeria Railway Corporation and on 31st August 1990, he was enlisted in the Nigeria Customs Service as an Assistant Superintendent of Customs.
For over 25 years, Mr Inyang-Eyen maintained a glittering and dignified career spanning various key departments of the service.
Mr Inyang-eyen is a member of several professional bodies:
- FELLOW, Institute of Management Consultants (IMC).
- FELLOW, Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA).
- FELLOW, Institute of Professional Managers and Administrators of Nigeria (IPMA).
- FELLOW, Chartered Institute of Loan and Risk Management of Nigeria 2017.
- FELLOW, Chartered Institute of Public Management of Nigeria FCPN.
- FELLOW, Association of Corporate Governance Professionals Nigeria, 2018.
- DOCTORAL FELLOW by The Chartered Institute of Project Management 2019.
- DOCTORAL FELLOW by Chartered Institute of Contract Project and Facility Management, 2019.
- FELLOW MEMBER, Institute of Information Management.
In view of his outstanding pedigree, numerous contributions and selfless services, Mr Ephraim Inyang-Eyen was appointed to serve in the Executive Council of the Akwa Ibom State Government as Commissioner for Works on July 6, 2015, till May 29, 2019. HE Mr Udom Emmanuel considered his services most needed and was reappointed Commissioner for Works in the Second Term completion agenda.
On Friday, February 18, 2022, Ephraim Inyang-Eyen declared interest in the 2023 senatorial election for the Akwa Ibom South District.
In recognition of his sterling qualities and industry, Mr Inyang-Eyen is a recipient of numerous Honours, Awards and Recognitions including:
- PATRON, Akwa Ibom State Students NAAKISS 2000.
- AWARD for TRADE FACILITATION in CUSTOMS by Tranquest Magazine 2009.
- TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT EXCELLENCE ENCOURAGEMENT AWARD 2009.
- ROLE MODEL AWARD by Sage Communications International 2010.
- GOLDEN AWARD for EXCELLENCE, Hardwork and Accountability by Nigeria Print Journalism Development 2011.
- NIGERIAN CUSTOMS COMMITMENT MERIT AWARD by Skyline Newspapers 2014.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE by Association of Movie Practitioners, Akwa Ibom State 2014.
- TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT EXCELLENCE AWARD as Customs Operative with Exemplary Midas Touch by Quest Media Group 2014.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE, Federated Chapel, Nigeria Union of Journalists.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE, University of Lagos Alumni, Lagos Branch.
- QUARTERLY AWARD for OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE, Akwa Ibom State Executive Council 2015.
- MOST PRO-ACTIVE COMMISSIONER by BUREAU FOR INVESTIGATIVE & BALANCE REPORTAGE, 2016.
- KWAME NKRUMAH LEADERSHIP AWARD by West Africa Student Union Parliament 2016.
- CERTIFICATE OF HONOUR by Akwa Ibom Youth Prays, 2016.
- AMBASSADOR in GOVERNANCE, Oron Union, Lagos Branch, 2016.
- DISTINGUISH PUBLIC SERVICE AWARD (QUALITY MANAGEMENT) by Akwa Ibom State (NUJ), 2016.
- CITY PRIDE ACHIEVER’S AWARD by Daily Pride Publisher 2017.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD for Private Sector Development at 11th Media Night Out 2017.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE by State House Press Corps Villa “As a man of Integrity” 2017.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE for INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT by Akwa Ibom Community, Lagos (AKISCOM) 2017.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE by Northern Youth Council of Nigeria as “GARKUWAN MATASSAN AREWA’’ 2017.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE/AWARD of EXCELLENCE PRACTICE by Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) 2017.
- CERTIFICATE of HONOUR AS ‘CAN PARTNER’ by Christian Association of Nigeria Akwa Ibom State, 2017.
- PATRON, Association of Professional Bodies of Nigeria (APBN) 2017.
- PATRONSHIP, Northern Youth Council of Nigeria, 2017.
- AWARD OF MERIT by African Leader of Integrity, 2017.
- PILLAR of TRANSFORMATION AWARD by VISION-ONE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE (VOLDI), 2017.
- GRAND PATRON, Nigeria Union of Journalists, Zone “F’’ (South-South) 2017 and several others.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE COMMITMENT to National Development and Unity by Abuja Municipal Area Council, 2017.
- AWARD of EXCELLENCE in HUMANITARIAN SERVICE by Rotary Club of Uyo, 2018.
- AWARD of HONOUR by All Saint’s Police Protestant Church, Mopol 57 Base Ukana, 2018.
- Mr Inyangeyen was inducted into the foremost socio-cultural organization in Akwa Ibom State, Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio on December 12th, 2015.
- Presidential Recognition by Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio 20th Obong Sampson Udo Etuk EXCELLENCE AWARD, 2017.
- Through his hardwork and dedication, the Independent Public Service Award which focuses on Works & Infrastructure Category bestowed on him BEST PERFORMING COMMISSIONER OF THE YEAR; SOUTH-SOUTH 2017.
- EXCELLENCE AWARD CERTIFICATE by Eket Federal Constituency Youth Soccer, 2018.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE by Association of Corporate Governance Professionals of Nigeria.
- NIGERIAN ICON OF DEMOCRACY AWARD NIDA.
- AWARD AS BEST COMMISSIONER, AKWA IBOM STATE 2015 – 2019 by Newspapers owners, Akwa Ibom State.
- AWARD OF RECOGNITION by the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Eket Branch.
- GRAND PATRON, NUJ ZONE F by Nigeria Union of Journalists, 2019.
- HONORARY FELLOW ACADEMY OF POLITICS, Nigerian Political Science Association, 2019.
- 2019 MERITORIOUS HONOUR AWARD by The Nigerian Society of Engineers, Uyo Branch.
- GOLD SERVICE AWARD by Rotary Club of Uyo Metropolis District 9142, 2019.
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE by the Faculty of Education, University of Uyo, Uyo 2019.
- NEHEMIAH AWARD by the African Church, Diocese of Ibibio South, Calabar Province, 2020
- Appointed ”CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE GOVERNOR OF AKWA IBOM STATE ON 19th June 2020 and lots more.
He is Chairman of, Board of Trustees of Transformation Initiative for the Empowerment of Ibom People.
Ephraim is happily married to Mrs Ime Ephraim Inyangeyen and the union is blessed with 5 children.