Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Employee’s Duties & Responsibilities
- This role is responsible for providing high-quality clinical care to obstetrics and gynaecology patients in the hospital by diagnosing, treating and helping to prevent diseases of women especially those affecting the reproductive system and the processes of childbirth.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
Clinical Service Delivery:
- To provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, and Executive Director.
- Supervise day to day review of patients.
- Interpret records, reports, test results or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Supervise and monitor cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patient’s health and deliver babies safely.
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participation in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning.
- To identify and recommend appropriate investigations, medical treatment and patient discharges in accordance with the instructions of the assigned Consultant.
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Lily Hospital policies and procedure in reference to clinical practice.
- Ensure adherence to all Lily Hospitals ISO certified standards, COHSASA, Kaizen and all other regulatory standards.
- Perform other duties as may be required by senior leadership.
Health and Safety:
- Maintain safe practices on all radiologic procedures in line with international standard.
- Comply with all the provisions of Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Knowledge of O & G and other specialist areas of medical practice such as oncology, pathology, radiology and pediatrics.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association
- The job holder must have obtained certification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from the relevant professional body and licensed to practice as an OB-GYN.
- The job holder must have good stamina and empathy for patients.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under pressure and self-discipline.