We are piloting our innovative approach to improving farmer livelihoods in Niger State. The Supply Chain Specialist reports to the Systems Associate; manage transportation, warehousing and last-mile distribution of the products we sell to farmers while trying out new approaches to ensure the program can scale to serve 1 million farmers by 2030.
- End-to-end vendor screening, selection, procurement and relationship management, ensuring that all One Acre Fund procurement guidelines are followed.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure they consistently meet quality standards and deliver products on time
- Manage and track all inventory on SAP and internal data-management systems
- Plan and prepare warehouse layouts to ensure effective security and efficient storage
- Optimize inventory performance via trend and demand forecasting
- Analyze supply chain processes and recommend improvements to increase efficiency or reduce costs
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations related to safety, security, environmental protection.
- Create reports on supply chain activities including cost analysis, distribution analysis, feasibility studies.
Coordinate the delivery to and receipt of inputs at the warehouse
- Manage and train the Supply Chain team on One Acre Fund logistics policies and oversee hiring for the team
- Conduct monthly warehouse inventory audits
- Assess delivery sites in our farmers’ communities and schedule delivery across all rural locations
- Maintain year-round inventory and delivery of products to support sales through local markets
- Recommend changes and improvements to current systems
- Determine the best method for transporting goods based on time requirements and cost considerations
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- University degree in either supply chain, procurement or logistics and 2+ years of work experience OR 6+ years proven work experience managing supply chain, procurement or logistics of a company.
- Commitment to the One Acre Fund mission of alleviating food insecurity in Nigeria
- Willingness to look for problems and solve them collaboratively
- Experience in supervisor role, managing small teams
- Proficiency in Google Suite, to include MS Excel for tracking Goals and inventory management; experience with SAP or similar software
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Hausa preferred.