The Consultants will provide support to NASCP (Treatment and Laboratory components) in the various tasks outlined below:
- Protocol development
- Consolidate the planning of sample collection from the failing patients
- Analysis of the results of the DRT and develop a report of findings
- Submit final report of the entire process.
- Discuss the findings with clinicians to aid management of these patients
- Undertake any other task or responsibility required to provide oversight to the entire process.
The consultants should submit to NASCP the following:
- A work plan of activities to be completed and time schedule for the assignment/contract within 2 days of signing the contract.
- Draft protocol
- The finalized report of the process in both hard and soft copies at the end of the assignment.
Contracting & Accountability:
- The consultant will be accountable to the National Coordinator NASCP.
Qualifications & Skills
The requisite qualifications of the Consultant shall include the following:
- Must be a practicing Laboratory Scientist or any related field in a Public or Private institution with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist in HIV treatment intervention with excellent knowledge about genotypic testing and analysis.
- Should have track records in Laboratory monitoring and evaluation, by providing evidence such as engagement letter, reference letter or acknowledged report for similar job.
- Must have a very good communication, training and report writing skills
- Should have worked or be working in WHO Drug Resistance accredited Laboratory in Nigeria
- Proficient in the use of IT, especially MS Word, Excel and related packages.
The consultants will be paid based on qualification and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a complete set of Proposal Documents and Term of Reference (ToR) in Two (2) hard copies each (one original & one photocopy) which must be in English Language and shall be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Consultancy Services for HIV Drugs Resistance Testing Among Second Line Patients said to be Failing Treatment” with the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NASCP Office at the address below:
The Assistant Director (Procurement Unit),
National AIDS / STIs Control Programme, Edo House,
75 Ralph Shoidende Street,
Central Business District, Garki,
Sent via email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Guideline for Submission and Opening of Documents
- A complete set of Proposal documents and Term of Reference (ToR) in English Language for the Consultancy services for HIV Drugs resistance testing among second line patients failing on treatment.
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in two (2) hard copies each (one original &one photocopy) of the requested documents and financial proposal.
- The original of the Technical Proposal (which must include study methodology and workplan for task delivery and copies of certificates) with copies in one (1) envelope and the original of the Financial Proposal with copies in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as “Technical” and “Financial.” shall be individually enclosed.
- The two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Consultancy services for HIV Drugs resistance testing among second line patients said to be failing treatment” (Medical Laboratory Scientist) and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NASCP office at the address above.
- Optionally, the required document mentioned above can be submitted as soft copies through the