in

Mother, two children severely burnt as cooking gas explodes in Bayelsa

Mother, two children severely burnt as cooking gas explodes in Bayelsa

A mother and her two children were on Sunday evening severely injured after a gas explosion occurred along the Azikoro road in Ekeki community, Yenagoa Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

DAILY POST, gathered yesterday that the children aged 6 and 8 years were with their mother at about 6.30pm when the explosion happened in their kitchen.

A close neighbour told DAILY POST that the three victims were home awaiting the arrival of the husband, who is a commercial motorcyclist popularly known as Keke Napep from Kogi State when the odour of gas leakage was perceived.

“Upon perceiving the smell of the gas, the woman left the children and switched on a torchlight to check the leakage, when a huge explosion which threw open their iron door and shook the building was heard.

Some sources within the area said the sound of the explosion threw neighbours into panic as it shook the foundation of some buildings in the area.

A visit to the building showed that the explosion threw up a ball of fire and the three severely injured family members were rescued by neighbours and taken to the Government House Clinic,” the 6years old boy was severely burnt because he was lying down naked when the explosion occurred. The mother and the other eight years old boy were severely affected too.”

Already, neighbours and good Samaritans have started pulling resources together to assist the victims, while calling on the Bayelsa and Kogi State Government to assist the poor family during these trying times.




Read Full Story at Daily Post

Written by Admin

BREAKING: Ballon d’Or 2021: Messi wins record-extending seventh award

BREAKING: Ballon d’Or 2021: Messi wins record-extending seventh award

UK: Measures against Omicron variant come into effect: 30 November 2021

UK: Measures against Omicron variant come into effect: 30 November 2021