Missing Oklahoma 4-year-old reportedly beaten to death on Christmas, buried near fence

Missing Oklahoma 4-year-old reportedly beaten to death on Christmas, buried near fence

CYRIL, Okla. (TCD) — A missing 4-year-old girl’s caregiver has been charged with first-degree murder as investigators transition their search into a recovery operation for her remains.

Athena Brownfield was reported missing to the Cyril Police Department Jan. 10 after a postal carrier found her 5-year-old sister wandering alone. Two days later, on Jan. 12, Athena and her sister’s caregivers, Alysia and Ivon Adams, were arrested on child neglect charges. Alysia was located in Oklahoma and Ivon was taken into custody in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Ivon Adams faces a charge of murder in addition to child neglect.

According to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, Athena and her sister have been in Alysia and Ivon Adams’ custody for “at least a year,” and are blood-related to Alysia. Investigators have reportedly spoken with Athena and her sister’s parents, and they are reportedly cooperating.

A court document shared by KSWO-TV revealed additional details about Athena’s death. The sister who was found outside reportedly told police she “had been home alone and she is tired of being alone.”

Alysia allegedly called Cyril Police Chief Garrett Raney and asked where Athena was, which prompted the missing person report.

According to the arrest warrant, Ivon and Alysia Adams never took Athena or her sister to the doctor or enrolled them in school.

On Jan. 12, Alysia reportedly told a Cyril Police detective that at around midnight on Dec. 25, Ivon beat Athena and “held her up by her arms.”

Athena reportedly “was not moving and her eyes were barely open.”

Ivon allegedly put her on the ground and punched the little girl several times in her chest. After that, she “never moved.”

Ivon reportedly left their home Dec. 26 at approximately 1 a.m. with Athena and when he returned, allegedly told Alysia “that he buried her near a fence line that was next to their old residence in Rush Springs.”

He allegedly put a broken branch over the grave.


Spread the love