Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Site Manager (LSM), and Vehicle Fleet Manager, the Mechanic carries out preventive maintenance and repairs on ICRC vehicles and other logistics equipment in accordance with ICRC scheduled servicing and Manufacturers’ recommendations
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out repairs on light vehicles, generators, forklifts, and other ICRC mechanical equipment and in accordance with the manufacturer’s procedures and industry best practices.
- Carries out scheduled preventative maintenance service on ICRC vehicles, and generators as per ICRC and/or manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ensures that all service and repair forms are correctly filled out and filed for all jobs carried out
- Ensures that spare parts and consumables stocks are kept at the agreed levels; takes part in placing orders for spare parts and equipment as required
- Ensures safe and correct work practices within the workshop (power tools, hoisting equipment, vehicle supports, tire repair, battery servicing, etc.)
- Actively assists in keeping inventory for the workshop and its stores as required.
- Supervises, trains, and coaches Mechanic Helper (if applicable)
- In charge of timely and accurate creation and filing of (both hardcopy/softcopy) job cards, work orders, and service sheets in assigned areas of responsibility
- Ensures that technical and personal security standards are followed as regards their work.
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Technical college/university degree or certificate in mechanical/automotive engineering and valid level 1 motor vehicle mechanics certificates issued by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of labor productivity
- Minimum 3 years’ confirmed experience as a fully qualified mechanic in the automotive industry or 4–6 years experience in similar position as a mechanic.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English.
- Good computer skills and computer literacy with sound knowledge of (Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel).
- Valid class B or D Nigerian Drivers License
- Sound knowledge and repair experience with diesel-powered vehicles and generators and automotive electrical systems