- Under the direct supervision of Head of Office, the Logistics Assistant Provides support to Damaturu in the areas of Dispatching, Purchasing, Transport, and Fleet.
- Handles logistical files independently, Implements and runs ICRC Logistics procedures; Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors and Supervises a small team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives goods and checks that they correspond to the requested quantities and qualities ordered
- As delegated by the Purchasing team, follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they conform with specifications and contract details
- Independently works to ensure that the fleet is used in a rational manner.
- Organizes and plans drivers’ duties and assignments; dispatches the assigned vehicles.
- Monitors and records vehicle use and fuel consumption.
- Takes all necessary steps to implement the delegation’s security rules
- Where necessary, checks that field-trip forms are filed and correspond to the assigned mission and that logbooks are filled out.
- Organizes the classification and filing documents in proper order place for all areas of responsibility
- Performs as ICT focal point for Damaturu Office
- Keeps tracks of all vehicle movements
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or another relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Driving licence
Desired profile and Skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and knowledge of local languages is an asset (Hausa is mandatory)
- Very well organized, with good planning abilities.
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel Power Point, Word).
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] using “ABJ202200339 Logistics Assistant DAT” as the subject of the mail.