Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Responsible for organizing, planning, directing, and controlling all operations of the Leasing Department. Oversees all Leasing functions including the control and management of leasing agreements and related documentation. Assists in the resolution of difficult and complex lease negotiations. Performs periodic evaluation of Leasing policies and procedures and modifies as needeEnsures that established policies, procedures, and legal requirements are followeCoordinates activities, ensuring that all subordinate areas of responsibility support Company objectives. Trains, directs, and appraises personnel. Ensures that services are delivered professionally and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient administration and performance of leasing functions.
- Sourcing new leads
- Canvassing for new tenants and existing tenants for expansion
- Credit rating procedure
- Lease negotiation – including TI co-ordinations
- Lease preparation – including Capex documentation
- Assists other Leasing Consultants/ Property Managers with documentation, negotiations, priors etg. Maintains broker interaction i.meetings
- Follows up on commission invoicing and payment
- Ensuring reporting schedules are kept up to date on a monthly basis and variance reporting submitted to the Portfolio.
- Facilitates broker introductions by effectively: taking over deal from broker”
- Initiates renewal contact nine months prior to expiry
- Conforms to Capex philosophy and procedure including:
- Obtaining Portfolio Manager’s approval where rental is more than 5% less than budget / forecast
- m. Prepares lease Authority Request for Portfolio Manager’s / Property Manager ratification and submission
- to Landlord
- Prepare Leases Analysis Report, Capex Startup form and Trustee requisition on approval of Capex
- Achieves budgeted / forecasted net letup of space
- Ensures that Leasing actions are thoroughly documenteEnsures accurate accounting for and collection of accounts that are charged off.
- Performs miscellaneous Leasing functions as required.
- Ensures leasing strategies are compiled and kept up to date with market trends.
- Maintaining low levels of vacancy within the portfolio in line with Key Performance indicators, which will be amended from time to time.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relationships are established and maintained with tenants.
- Represents the Company in lease negotiations with tenants.
- Fields tenant queries and follows up until finalised
- Undertakes site visits, for canvassing of tenants, and meeting of tenants on site.
- Assists Debtors with collections and account queries as required
- Takes up building related problems with Portfolio Manager/Property Manager/Operations manager
- Advices Leasing Administration of all tenants vacating and obtain reason for tenant promptly and timeously
- Ensures that requests, questions, and problems are courteously and professionally resolveEnsures that communications are effective and efficient.
- Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is maintained.
Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient marketing.
- Prepares and motivates appropriate marketing plan / strategy for vacancies including:
- Knowledge of market place and competition
- Maintaining image and presence in the market
- Coordinates advertising and signage.
Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient budgeting.
- Assist in process by recommending:
- Market rentals, Ti rates, escalations etc.
- Letups and assumed vacates
- Monthly budget reporting and changes are updated and accurately included in the financial
- Ensures regular leasing strategy meetings are held and timeously updated in line with
- monthly reporting.
- Meeting of all deadlines as required from time to time.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
- Assists, serves, and informs related departments as needed.
- Coordinates Leasing efforts with related departments.
- Keeps the Chief Financial Officer informed of area operations and of any significant problems. Provides recommendations to improve Leasing processes and effectiveness and ensure the integrity of Department processes.
- Completes required reports, records, and other documentation as required.
- Ensures effective and efficient internal communication.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that changes in legal requirements and government regulations are integrated into current practices.
- Stays informed regarding changes in Leasing practices and trends.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Leasing functions are effectively and efficiently performed in accordance with established Company policies in addition, procedures, and with related legal requirements.
- Professional business relations exist with clients. Clients are appropriately assisted in resolving their problems. The Company is professionally represented in all business and legal matters.
- Required Leasing documentation, reports, and records are complete, accurate, and timely. Management is appropriately informed.
- Leasing personnel are well trained and effective, and their activities well coordinateAssistance and support are provided as needed.
- Good coordination and working relations exist with related department personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Provide regular and accurate market surveys in respect of:
- New Developments
- Budget preparations
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Thorough knowledge of contracts, Leasing, servicing, and legal requirements.
- Understanding of Company default enforcement clauses.
- Five to seven years of progressive Leasing experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Ability to work in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Solid analytical and negotiating skills.
- Strong leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Able to operate computer applications, financial calculator, and other basic business equipment.