The Governing Council of Bauchi State University Gadau hereby announces that the position of Vice Chancellor of the University will be vacant by 20 December, 2022.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Head of the University and Chairman of the Senate.
- He/she is responsible to the University Governing Council, of which he is a member, for the good governance of the University.
The Vice-Chancellor shall among other Duties:
- Promote research, teaching and high standard of academic excellence;
- Be responsible to the Governing Council for the maintenance of peace, law and order in the University;
- Be competent at all times to advise the Council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guidelines and procedures approved by the Senate and other statutory bodies;
- Be responsible for staff and students` discipline and welfare in the University.
- The candidate must be Professors who have spent not less than fifteen (15) years in the University system with at least ten (10) years’ experience as Professor with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University.
In addition to having respectable academic credentials, applicants are required to possess other qualities, which include:
- Proven/ unassailable integrity and be above board in matters of morality
- Clear vision for the development of the University and realization of its vision and mission,
- Track record as a distinguished scholar and ability for academic and administrative leadership,
- Ability to command the respect of the academic community and foster interpersonal relations and teamwork,
- Drive to attract, mobilize, manage funds and other resources for the development of the University
- Demonstrate ability to attract research grants, create linkages, partnerships with local/international, private and public organizations,
- Proficiency in one of the core disciplines offered in the University and a good grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills,
- Should be in position to ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations;
- Be of good physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold the post of Vice Chancellor for a single term of 5 years, and shall not be older than 65 years of age at the date of assumption of duty.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of the Vice Chancellor in Nigerian University system, and as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their Application and Curriculum. The CV must contain the following:
- Full name,
- Date and place of birth,
- Marital status,
- Academic qualifications,
- Working experience with dates and positions held,
- Merits and awards (if any),
- Membership of scholarly and professional bodies,
- List of academic publications,
- Extracurricular activities and interests, and
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
All Applications should be sent under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked “Post of Vice Chancellor” at the top left corner to:
Bauchi State University,
P. M. B. 065 Gadau
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward to the undersigned a confidential report on his/her character, academic and managerial abilities and achievements in a sealed envelope marked at the top left corner, “Post of Vice Chancellor: Referee’s Report”, Addressed to “The Registrar and Secretary to Council” and sent to the address above
- Application must be duly signed and dated.
- All applications shall be duly acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, please