Job ID: 2203818
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): one year
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities reduce morbidity, disability and mortality due to vaccine preventable diseases through improving access and utilization of immunization services through strengthened district EPI programmes
- Accelerating efforts to achieve polio eradication, measles control, maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination, yellow fever control; promote innovations including introduction of new and under-utilized vaccines
- Improve vaccine safety and security and systematize access to immunization services integrated with other child survival interventions.
Description of Duties
- To provide technical assistance to national authorities in a priority state to adopt National EPI Strategies and programme best practices to state specific conditions
- To support national authorities in a priority state in preparing, reviewing and/or updating annual state immunization plans
- To support capacity building activities in support of immunization operations (service delivery,vaccine supply and quality, logistics, surveillance, advocacy and communication), immunization safety and strengthening human and institutional resources
- To support capacity building activities aimed at the introduction of new and under-utilized vaccines as well as the delivery of immunization activities together with other priority disease control/child survival interventions
- To support immunization monitoring and evaluation activities
- To support activities aimed at strengthening partnership and advocacy in support of improving performance of immunization activities
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative.
- Essential: Graduate or Post Graduate Degree in Public Health from a recognized University
- Desirable: Formal training inprinciples of epidemiology and/or health promotion.
- Essential: Seven years of international managerial experience in immunization. Skills in organizing and providing training programs for public health workers
- Desirable: Experience in immunization activities in the relevant geographical region.
- Willing and able to travel extensively in Nigeria; The candidate must possess good communication skills
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars.
- The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 75,602 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3194 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.