- The purpose of this position is to provide Administrative, logistics and procurement support to State office of the SMC – PF project.
- The officer will lead in the everyday administration of the office with support from the project staff.
Scope of Work
- The Administrative and Logistics Officer under the guidance of the State Project Manager will provide general Administrative and logistics support to the Program office and ensure efficient use, functioning and management of the office in line with MC policies.
- This will include to have an updated data bank of consultants, vendors and stakeholders. The officer will ensure an effective maintenance system of all office equipment, including generator, photocopiers, computers and its networks, printers and other office assets.
Office Administration (35%):
- Provide and oversee the day to day administration of the office with support from staff.
- Provide support to the team by overseeing the management and maintenance of the office assets, utilities, office equipment, consumables and supplies;
- Responsible for recording and updating of office assets in the asset register;
- Provide monthly reports on state activities as it relates to the admin, procurement and logistics to the office manager at the country office;
- Oversee the setting up of a filing system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents.
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of all IT equipment and computer in the office.
Procurement & Logistics (35%):
- Oversee all logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries of staff and short-term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the project;
- Responsible for procurements of assets to the state offices in line with MC procurement policies as well as vendor management and other service providers contracting (including security and IT);
- Will ensure updated records and valid documentation all of vendors. And other service providers and consultants are registered on NAV;
- Responsible for negotiations with hotels, travel and transport services and oversee general logistics for field/state activities;
- Liaises with Country Office on administrative and logistics difficulties and other office maintenance issues.
- Provide support to the office driver, by providing supervision, coaching and mentoring in developing vehicle movement plan, implementation and review;
- The officer will check the vehicle log sheet and driver’s time sheet and sign off on them monthly.
Programme Activities (30%):
- Support the coordination of internal and external stakeholder or technical meetings, workshops, seminars, including all travel and accommodations arrangements;
- Support the compilation of participants list (i.e. CHWs, health facility staff, team supervisors, ward supervisors, state, and LGA supervisors), during MDA and other project events
- Responsible for contracting short term consultants in state office in close communication with the HR manager at the country office and in line with the procurement policy;
- Coordinate the administration and logistics of the programme office on all field related activities in the state;
- In line with the programme budget and working closely with the finance officer, ensure value for money of all procurements for programme activities carried out in the state.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management or similar
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related role
- Previous experience within the INGO sector and in a related role
- Person resident in and working experience in the State of Assignment
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong Microsoft office suite skill
- Demonstrable passion for Malaria Consortium’s mission; a strategic manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of use of database tools will be an added advantage
- Skill in MS Access will be an added advantage.
- Proven team-building and representational skills.