Job: Senior Sales Executive at Ignitia Nigeria
As Ignitia’s lead Sales talent in Nigeria, you will have the opportunity to scale our innovative and impactful products and services in our most important market across West Africa. Supported by a small, motivated team of scientists, marketers and developers, you will leverage strong prior relationships in the food and agricultural sectors to achieve your sales objectives, while establishing Ignitia as the leading player in the agtech space across this market.
As the Senior Business Development Manager for West Africa, you will work closely with the Regional Director (based in Accra), Chief Commercial Officer (remote), as well as the Marketing and Product teams to create and offer a unique value proposition levering our innovative weather forecast data and advisory services to agricultural supply chain customers across Nigeria, one that underlines both the competitive advantage of our services and the delivery of critical features and benefits that create value for our prospects. You will collaborate with the marketing function, leverage company networks, and engage in industry events to create a robust pipeline of high potential deals. Employing your consultative selling skills, you will convert leads into contracts with high quality and high scale potential customers, including farmers, extension agents, aggregators, food processors and other agtech platforms. You will ensure a smooth handover from sales to our Customer Account Management team, responsible for successful customer onboarding, piloting, and recurring subscriptions to our services.
At Ignitia, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the way we go to market, from product-market fit to the commercial roadmap for our products and services for target customer segments. Ignitia has a unique offer, one that genuinely improves farmer lives and agricultural productivity. We have a range of commercially ready, beta testing, and under development products with strong value propositions and commercial potential.. If you have an intimate knowledge of agricultural supply chains and the buying process of food and agricultural companies, their priorities and challenges, their digital strategies, and agtech product features they are looking for, and have an overall intimate know-how of what makes them tick, we’d love to hear from you.
- Leverages deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing key players in the food and agricultural space to identify new commercial opportunities for our innovative weather and agricultural advisory services
- Develops a robust pipeline of deals by identifying and qualifying prospects
- Sells igntia’s products and services through consultative sales principles, including co-designing pilots and trials as needed, developing sales materials like pitch decks, concept notes, and proposals, and partnering with public or private organizations as needed.
- Builds credibility and trust with customers and industry associations by providing thought leadership, support, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities
- Identifies product improvements or new products by listening to prospects, gathering feedback during demos and pilots, and collaborating with the product and CAM teams.
- Prepares business intelligence reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data through desk research, expert interviews, competitive benchmarketing, and other sources.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards, maintaining the CRM platform, and creating improvements to the sales process and procedures.
- Continues to learn and build on professional and technical knowledge by joining and participating in workshops, industry associations and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing professional networks within the agtech space.
- Contributes to team effort by sales objectives and effectively collaborating with colleagues across the company.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- College degree in relevant field such as business/economics, or agronomy/agribusiness
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales with a major food or agricultural company, including agrochemical or input companies, aggregators, food processors, extension services, or agtech firm
- Excellent knowledge of the food system and particular depth of knowledge in key staple and cash crops, including the respective buying processes, required features and decision-making pivot points, and use of digital tools
- Experience with impact-focused projects or initiatives, a plus
- World class presentation skills and the ability to address relevant buying challenges through creative, winning solutions
• We are go-getters – we work hard and have a sense of urgency in pursuing the opportunities that help us accomplish our goals
• We act as owners – We take every decision based on what’s best for the company. We take responsibility for our actions.
• We are curious – we learn rapidly and eagerly; we are in constant search for ideas that challenge conventional wisdom. We lead the way.
• We act with integrity – we treat others the way we like to be treated. We deliver on our promises and we do what we say we will do.
• We strive for excellence – We aim to be the best in everything we do; we recruit fantastic talent. We provide great customer service and we provide the best weather data on Earth!
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.