Requisition Number: req31439
Location: Nigeria (Head Office)
About Your New Job
- The Senior Legal Counsel – Compliance & HR provides guidance on investigation by the COBC team or HR and legal advice and guidance to analyze and review all COBC matters for approval and validation by the relevant Local Ethics & Compliance (E&C) Committee and when requested by the General Counsel to the Group Ethics & Compliance Committee.
Your New Key Responsibilities
- Review and ensure requirements for Anti-Bribery and Corruption Audits are implemented. Ensure timely delivery of annual awareness programs and follow-up on required actions.
- Coordinate other departments on required initiatives to strengthen compliance with the ABAC policy.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion to determine the Legal risks and response to letters from External Stakeholders (Government, Legal firms, or Unions).
- Provide guidance to the HR team on the handling of investigations and dealing with enforcement agencies. Serve as a member of the local IMCR.
- Oversee the investigation process for all COBC and non-COBC matters in Nigeria.
- Review analysis and evaluate reports of alleged Code of Conduct and policy violations.
- Review investigation reports and communications which are shared with external stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate conflict disclosures are documented and drive use of the COBC portal.
- Collaborate with support functions – HR, COBC, DPTS and Internal Control to evaluate policies and training to promote compliance with Company policies.
- Develop and conduct training, raise awareness, and develop/ maintain relationships with management colleagues across the Country to identify and address key risks.
- Bring awareness to CCH of the COBC and other policies through creative and targeted training and communication that can be leveraged Country-wide.
- Monitor COBC trends and develop and deploy training accordingly tailored for specific functions.
Education / Knowledge
- BL, LLB LLM (or equivalent) desired Experience in analysing complex internal investigations.
- 10+ years of related professional work experience (compliance function)
Do You Have These Skills?
- Demonstrate very strong oral communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Exhibit strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, accurate and concise reports in English for Senior Management review.
- Ability to generate new and unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help promote and foster a culture of compliance.
- Possess strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions, and exhibit initiative and intuitive thinking.