A Group of Company with operations in the petrochemical industry while specialized in Poly-Olefins range of Polyethylene and Polypropylene products.
To facilitate compliance with Occupational health and safety procedures and guidelines. The selected candidate will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations, also be on a constant lookout for violations. Work will be largely focused on prevention so need to be conscientious and farsighted. Candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to site HSE Policies & standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Authorize confined space entry, hot work and radiography permits.
- Responsible for confirming safety compliances before authorization for any job / task.
- Inspects and certify scaffolds.
- Checking of active work permits to confirm compliance with written safety measures.
- Patrols to check compliance with safety rules and regulation and enforcing compliance if required.
- Correct Unsafe acts immediately.
- Monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Training on Safety Procedures
- Conduct Toolbox talks
- Report unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and near miss.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Advise operation and maintenance personnel on the job safe work practices.
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
Diploma in Chemical engineering or equivalent with Diploma / NEBOSH IGC (NEBOSH International General Certificate) in occupational health and safety.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as safety officer / inspector in Polymer, Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Fertilizer, Chemical Industries operations
- Knowledge on Safety procedures.
Skills and Competencies
- Good presentation and training skills.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Good team man and motivator