Job: Reverse Engineering – Data at Mono
We’re looking for a senior backend engineer with experience in reverse engineering or custom web scraping to join the financial data team. This team is responsible for Mono’s financial data APIs and our mission is to reimagine how consumers share their financial data in a convenient and secure way.
As a reverse engineer, you will be using advanced techniques to access previously inaccessible financial accounts. We use a set of approaches, among which the analysis of consumer Android applications to infer implicit network APIs and endpoints.
The right candidate will need to be very familiar with how Android Apps work behind the scenes, the Android runtime, and techniques such as decompilation, deobfuscation, and network traffic analysis. Cryptographic knowledge (PKI, Symmetric and Asymmetric encryption, certificates handling) will also be highly valuable.
- Perform network traffic analysis and infer implicit APIs from institutions’ web and mobile apps.
- Develop and evaluate bank-level encryption schemes (AES, RSA) and android APK reverse engineering.
- Apply your knowledge set to fetch data from multiple sources, cleanse it and build APIs on top of it.
- Understand and be able to reverse engineer authentication processes both in web and mobile apps.
- Build solutions to stay on top of reliability and data quality
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with data retrieval and reverse engineering technology.
- Sound knowledge in bypassing Bot Detection Techniques Experience using HTTP Proxy techniques to protects web scrapers against site ban, IP leak, browser crash, CAPTCHA, and proxy failure.
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, and comfortable working with minimal specifications.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Can develop data extracting and processing using raw and programmatic techniques without scrapy or Puppeteer.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and poorly defined complex problems
- Are innovative, push technical boundaries, and are excited to solve problems that have never been solved before
- Communicate in a clear and direct manner
- Can self manage, set an implementation schedule, and manage communication with team members and stakeholders
- Can mentor other engineers and lead by example
- Take an evidence-based and data-driven approach to making decisions
Mono Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our aim is to develop and provide value to members of our team in a progressive and forward thinking environment. We believe in creating a working culture were employees can be their best selves and produce their best work. We make our employment decisions solely on our business requirements and individual merit irrespective of race/colour, national origin/ethnicity, religion, age, marital status, sex, gender or sexual orientation.