Reports To: The Manager Of Operations Business Procurement
Function: Operations – Procurement
Seniority Level: Experienced Professional
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role is responsible for strategic sourcing activities at a local/multi country level; executing the category / business strategy and ensure execution of all supplier management activities.
- The role holder will also ensure contracts are in place which fulfil the customer requirements whilst also meeting the needs of the business.
- He/she will select the right suppliers and will put contingency suppliers in place to manage risk on behalf of the business.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Manage the execution of the geographic category strategies and development of sourcing plans at a local/regional level.
- Drive the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the category/business strategy and targets.
- Drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific geographic categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and may include one-off spend items.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the sourcing strategies.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- Provide information on negotiation results (all specs/grades, clear duration, validity for orders or deliveries) from a local/regional perspective in a timely manner to the Operations Manager.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Education: minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 – 4 years working experience within Procurement/Supply Chain domain
- FMCG experience will serve as an advantage.
- Relevant business qualifications within the Supply Chain, Procurement realm would serve as an advantage.
- Member of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies (UK) – would represent an advantage.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools e.g., Excel, PowerPoint etc
- French – basic knowledge -would be an advantage.
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- General understanding of the supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity across various categories and expected trends at a local/geographic level (SAA, ECAA and WAA).
- Good experience in development of contracts and agreements for low to medium risk categories.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus