Our Client is one of Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing Technology Company. They aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Some of their achievements include winning the Future of Workplace Awards for Employer of the Year and One of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria by Jobberman in 2018, amongst others. Their culture and values revolve around Dynamism, Autonomy, Team work and Agility which reflect our attitude towards work and our light hearted spirit towards our people.
As a Product Marketing Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Build on product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Plan and participate in the launch of new services and products which involve several different departments
- Brief the press and PR teams about new products
- Take part in presentations
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Agree timelines and deadlines for the development of new products with product management and engineering departments.
- Use market research data to establish product pricing
- Create content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences
- Test new goods and products
- Propose and keep within a budget
- Research competitor offerings
- Recruit and develop a team of product marketing executives
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a marketfacing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Clear understanding of the growth funnel and metrics highly desired
- Experience driving adoption for a B2B software product would be an advantage
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
Product Marketing Manager
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer