- We are looking for an innovative Procurement & Supply Chain Supervisor who will manage our company’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain.
- You’ll be responsible for strategizing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses here at MAX.
- You will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
- As procurement & supply chain manager, you’ll specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company.
- Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
What You’ll Do
- Develop realistic and usable procurement strategies that are relevant to Business needs.
- Source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors, who are cost and value effective
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms without compromising service delivery and quality
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure value creation
- Create and implement an effective procurement standard operating procedure, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes
- Approve purchase orders, organize and confirm delivery of goods and services
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Oversee and manage the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures
Here’s Why You Should Join Us
- At MAX, we encourage diversity and are open to meeting just about anyone with the right passion and skill set regardless of looks, gender, sexual orientation, colour, tribe, nationality, and ability.
The MAX Work Environment:
- Drive: We are building a team where everyone is a leader and therefore run on internal motivation
- Empathy: We have a clear understanding of the problem we are trying to solve and its impact on Africans, we are committed to providing a lasting solution.
- Humility: We are committed to continuous learning and improvement. We learn, unlearn and relearn
- Initiative: We welcome novel ideas and encourage creativity
- Diligence: We take great pride in our work.
- Candor: We value open and honest communication
- Collaboration: We are a team of passionate, innovative optimists, solving challenging problems and creating an impact.
- Bias for Technology: We automate everything.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Procurement & Logistics
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a global context – Previous experience working in high-impact environments is preferred
- Proven track record of engagement with C-suite stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills; extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
Location and Travel:
- The candidate can be based in Europe or Africa.
- The role would require about 25% travel to operating countries.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive pay & benefits (plus stock options)
- Premium Health insurance cover
- Flexible work and hybrid working model
- Consistent Learning and Development
- Status car and other benefits