Reports to: Operations Manager and Chief Medical Director
Slots: 2 Openings
Summary of Job
- The Pharmacist will assist with the dispensing of medications, check prescriptions, and provide advice to patients on the medicines that have been prescribed for the patients.
- S/he will ensure an adequate supply of pharmacies through smart inventory management, review of actual usage, and review of re-order levels.
- The Pharmacist will develop and implement strategic initiatives and services in the pharmacy sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pharmacist Duties
- As a pharmacist, you will be responsible for preparing and dispensing medications to patients. You will achieve this by executing a physician’s order.
- The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions.
- The pharmacist must be fully qualified to interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or be referred to the suitable doctor. Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or para-pharmaceuticals.
- The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organizing the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintaining full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products
- Maintaining an up-to-date inventory of the Clinic drug Formulary
- Keeping records of all drugs, doses and prices on the automated inventory of the clinic.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times;
- Manage clinical risk.
Other duties as assigned from time to time
Patient & Family Education/Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to LECC’s Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results
Qualifications & Training
- Candidates should have B.Sc Pharmacy
- Candidates must be a registered member of Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) with an up-to-date practicing license
- A minimum of one (1) year post NYSC progressive experience in Pharmacy within the private and public sector.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making a decision.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions
- LECC requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at LECC through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria.