Provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Managing Director to ensure the smooth management of her day to day affairs, and most effective use of her time. Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take initiative as appropriate especially in the Managing Director’s absence.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage Director’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage Director’s travel arrangements (including visas/accommodation).
- Process Director’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Managing Director/or on behalf of the Managing Director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain Managing Director’s office systems, including data management and filing.
- Maintain records of Managing Director’s contacts.
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist Managing Director in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Managing Director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Director.
- Organize meetings and ensure that Managing Director is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
- Understand the seven elements of interior design; space, line, form, colour, light, texture, pattern and keeping them balanced to creating an aesthetically pleasing interior.
- Visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and material, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Managing Director.
Key skills for this role
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be privy to confidential information
- Demonstrate understanding of principle of space planning
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Flexible and adaptability
- Organization skills and ability to multitask
- Tact and diplomacy
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external to the organization
- Ability to organize and plan own work.
- A self-starter who is able to take initiative and ownership of duties given to him
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- B.Sc. in any social Science subject/Architecture
- Atleast 2 years’ experience as an interior designer/Interior Architect/PA to the MD