- Oversee daily base operations across the company’s different locations
- Oversee all logistics operations: trucking, skips etc and ensure on time delivery to client site
- Track costs and institute preventive measures to avoid demurrage costs in the case of third party equipment
- Ensure all SOPs are strictly adhered to
- Provide base and logistics reports to management on a periodic basis
- Provide support to project teams and sites – will also have oversight of logistics function across project sites.
- Provide direction and support for the Engineering and Drilling and Completions team to ensure that any issues or concerns with delivery are addressed and all deadlines are met for equipment requirements for projects.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained, recertified, available, dispatched and utilized to a high standard
- Responsible for the delivery of all service lines and maintain and develop the operational activity throughout the company. Responsible for Technical crew, Cranes & Lifting Supervisors, equipment operators, Logistics coordinator and base managers.
- Plan and control main equipment to maximize utilization and reduce/manage 3rd Party costs. Perform Audits / Inspections on mobilizations as directed.
- Involved in specifying equipment types and requirements and liaising with technical teams during bid rounds
- Provide leadership by example in all safety and environmental aspect.
Requisite Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Engineering required
- Work experience preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Familiar with QHSE standards in EPC.
- Must have at least 10 years work experience in a similar function.
Key Competence & Behavioural Expectations:
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision and facilitation skills.
- Must have very good written and oral communications. Required to speak effectively before groups of Senior Management, clients, subcontractors, and/or employees of the organization.
- Ability to run Budgets and Operational Plans.