Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Senior Manager, Clinical and Laboratory Informatics
Summary of Job
- EHA Clinics uses the Odoo ERP to manage its entire business processes (recruitment, procurement, inventory, sales, accounting, CRM, etc), and a 3rd-party module called oeHealth to manage its EMR. We are recruiting an Odoo Software consultant with expert Odoo techno-functional experience.
The requirements listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- At least 3 years’ Odoo techno-functional experience, having worked with modules such as website, sales, CRM, accounting, procurement, etc
- Experience upgrading Odoo from one version to another
- Adequate knowledge of Odoo performance tuning
- Expert knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres) – design development, optimization, and performance tuning
- A rock-solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- A good understanding of what is needed to get things done in a collaborative manner
- Attention to details, not only caring about writing codes that work, but about performance, scalability, security, and optimization
- Ability to look at the big picture and the small details, and make design and architecture decisions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Guide problem solving and architectural decisions within the team and across the company
- Mentor junior developers, analyze and review the codebase to ensure security and scalability
- Understudy EHA Clinics’ business processes (EMR, Inventory, Accounting, etc.), and design systems that adequately address its business needs
- Develop and optimize services with profiling, debugging, data structure, and algorithms
- Design, architect, and refactor software for a wide range of services
- Collaborate with DevOps, QA Engineers, and other developers to drive forward how we build, test, and deploy our services
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices, inspiring colleagues and team members with examples and concepts
- Work closely with business stakeholders to define best practice standard operating procedures for all functional aspects of the business that are supported by the Odoo ERP
- Responsible for requirements gathering and scope definition together with various business stakeholders
- Assist in data integration and mapping – data is required to be transferred to and from Odoo to other mission-critical systems
- Determine reporting requirements, and fulfill the proper long-term solution for delivering this reporting.
Desirable but not required:
- An understanding of the agile methodology
- Experience with the following tools: Git, Jira, Docker, Circleci, Travis, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, CI/CD, Postgres.
- The Odoo Software Engineer – Consultant is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week.