- The Mini-Lab laboratory technician carries out clinical laboratory operations in accordance with the Mini-Lab protocols and safety and hygiene rules in order to obtain reliable results that allow clinicians to choose patient treatments.
- He/she will also be involved in various general activities related to his/her role as a laboratory technician.
Job Description (Shortened)
- Being proficient in good laboratory practices and applying the defined hygiene and biosafety rules;
- Being proficient in and delivering the whole testing process for each type of sample:
- Receipt and recording all samples.
- Performing all examinations and clinical tests according to the defined techniques while following the different standard Mini-Lab protocols and procedures. In particular, this role
- involves identifying micro-organisms and performing antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
- Understanding the interpretation of test results and the returning of results;
- Keeping bacterial strains and referring them to reference laboratories if necessary.
- Being proficient in the Mini-Lab computer system (Mini-LIMS) in order to ensure that the data collected at each step is logged;
- Maintaining the direct work environment (workstation) according to the recommendations and carrying out all the tasks, maintenance and readings by following and complying with the defined work plan;
- Noting any non-conformities related to tests, equipment or more generally to the operation of the Mini‐
- Lab as a whole, and reporting these to managers;
- Specialised Diploma or post-graduate Diploma in Laboratory Technology required.
- At least 1 year’s experience working as a laboratory technician required;
- Professional experience in microbiology
- Computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel).
- Fluent English (oral and written English), Hausa, Kanuri
- Rigour, precision and commitment to work;
- Willing to follow instructions and apply procedures;
- Able to work in a team and to cooperate with colleagues; Versatile, flexible and adaptable in a professional context;
- Adheres to MSF principles;
- Service ethic;
- Understands how to manage stress.
Monthly Gross salary according to MSFF salary scale, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.