This role is a one-year Contract Full-time (40 Hours/week commitment) with a possibility of an extension
As Marketing Manager you will lead marketing Global Citizen in Nigeria and West Africa, growing our regional audience and delivering the key global moments and local Nigerian and West African marketing campaigns end-to-end. You will shape the organization’s profile in the Nigerian and West Africa market, and communicate our brand through incentive-led marketing (Rewards Program), partnerships, brand and issue-related campaigns, events, and other marketing activity.
We are looking for a driven and highly organised marketing manager with 7+ years of integrated and digital experience. In the day to day, you will work closely with the Global marketing team to shape and tailor
the Nigerian and West Africa marketing plan, and collaborate with the Nigerian and South African cross-departmental teams as you execute on and offline marketing campaigns.
You will report into the International Marketing Director, with a dotted line to the Country Director for Nigeria. You will be responsible for regularly communicating growth numbers and performances of your market to global HQ and ensure that your marketing outputs are effectively supporting overall team activities to continuously reach growth targets.
- Grow the Nigerian and West African Global Citizen audience – reaching set targets for new member acquisition and engagement
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the marketing strategy for global events in Nigeria; ensuring it is truly local whilst still supporting the global strategy and objectives
- Have holistic oversight of marketing in Nigeria and West Africa, working closely with email, social, content, product, PR, comms, creative, and project management departments
- Develop strategies to fill large-scale Nigerian festival venues, working with relevant teams
- Oversight of all creative assets in market and localisation of global tools and assets
- Oversight of marketing budget in Nigeria and West Africa to execute paid media spanning OOH, radio, print, digital, social, and other marketing activities such as stunts
- Negotiation and delivery of in-kind and barter deals for paid media in Nigeria and West Africa, building key local partnerships and relationships across all of the entertainment industry
- Support the expansion of Global Citizens Rewards platform in Nigeria and West Africa; leveraging to drive recruitment and retention
- Recommend and implement strategic marketing partnerships that support growth goals including working with festivals, events, influencers, and media partners
- Maximise existing global relationships and partnerships to benefit your local needs
- Work closely with local broadcasters to leverage their channels and involvement global broadcasts
- Monitor the metrics of programs, collect and analyse social and digital insights, reporting metrics internally where required
- Conduct market research and compile findings to inform local activities
- Implement and execute Influencer strategies to increase the branding and reach of Global Citizen Nigeria
- Improve touchpoints across the customer journey of the Nigerian website in close cooperation with the content and product teams
- Marketing leads on various international marketing projects across the international marketing team at Global Citizen and other projects as needed.
● 7 years+ of Marketing experience (agency, lifestyle brand, media, music industry, digital, start up a plus)
● Proficiency in English, working knowledge of French or another language of the region is an asset
● A marketer at heart: Excellent oral communication and copywriting skills with an eye for design and the ability to pitch Global Citizen, meet new partners, sell our organisation, engage social influencers, etc.
● Proven knowledge and expertise in paid marketing strategies, social ads, and influencer marketing strategies that drive growth and engagement
● Self-starter who can work independently and with international teams based outside of your market. Highly organised and proactive.
● Digitally fluent across all social platforms
● Experience and knowledge of data and analytics to inform decision making
● Strong market and cultural knowledge with a passion for and potentially experience in local music, culture, sport, and entertainment and an interest in social advocacy
● Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative, dynamic team culture
● Positive and driven, curious and creative about learning new ways to approach marketing with ‘outside of the box’ thinking for Global Citizen
● Proficient at managing and maximising budgets and resources
Why Global Citizen?
In this coming decade of action and accountability, Global Citizen will be the leading international voice, educator, and influencer that rallies humanity to take full responsibility and accountability for eradicating extreme poverty by 2030. You have a chance to contribute and make this world a better place for all. Our work is to Defeat Poverty, Defend the Planet, and Demand Equity.
- One-Year Contract Full-time (40 Hours/week) with a possibility of extension
- Must be authorized for employment in Nigeria