- The Logistics Officer will be responsible for general operational and logistics planning for Malaria Consortium activities in Nigeria.
Scope of Work
- The Logistics Officer will support project logistics planning, implementation and regular updating.
- They will conduct general logistics and operations support in accordance with the Malaria Consortium policies.
Travel Management (40%):
- Organise and book all national and international flights based on approved Travel Authorisation Forms (TAFs).
- Organise all airport pickup and drop offs with Malaria Consortium or hired vehicles.
- Provide international travelers with letters of invitation and visa support letters as required.
- Prepare and coordinate the receipt of MC logistics brief for all planned travels internationally and locally in conjunction with other delegated admin personnel
- Record and submit a monthly movement tracker related to ocal and international flights based on TAFs received.
- Ensure the ‘Country Visitor Information Guide’ is up to date and accurate and available to visitors on the Malaria Consortium Intranet page
- Organise and book Abuja accommodation required by visitors or staff for work purposes.
Operations Management (30%):
- Organising general Malaria Consortium seminars/workshops/conferences including other related events as assigned.
- Provide advice/support to project managers in designing and organising travel plans, events, workshops and conferences.
- coordination of all logistics related procurements in line with Malaria Consortiums standard procurement processes.
- Coordinating, Organising and tracking of logistics briefs related to MC Travel plans using flights, taxis, rental cars and/or Malaria Consortium vehicles as required .submitting documents as part of a monthly movement tracker
- managing all payment processes related to travel, logistics and event plans made on behalf of Malaria consortium.
- Support on any other logistics and operations related task provided by line manager.
Fleet Management (30%):
- Manage the Abuja based drivers, including planning the driver roster, driver training as required and performance reviews.
- Conduct driving assessments for all new Malaria Consortium drivers in Abuja
- Ensuring that all drivers have valid driver’s licenses and have completed a valid eye test.
- Ensure all Malaria Consortium vehicles in Nigeria are registered and have required vehicle insurance with submission of regular tracking tools on same
- Ensure logbooks are completed for all trips, with all logbook data collated into the Fleet monthly report for Malaria Consortium abuja office and coordinating the reports for other MC offices.
- Provide monthly analysis of the fleet report to the Abuja Office Manager, including fleet costs analysis, issues and recommended actions for fleet improvements.
- Manage all fuel usage and costs for Abuja based vehicle used by Malaria Consortium.
- Source and book rental vehicles, following the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, as required to supplement Malaria Consortiums fleet needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or similar qualification in Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 3 – 5 years experience working in an operations related role specifically in administration or event management.
- Proven writing skills in English.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff in other locations.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Facilitation and coordination skills.
- Excellent Microsoft skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Flexible and self- motivated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- He/she must clearly display the ability to effectively prioritise and perform to tight deadlines.
Work-based Skills and Competencies – Essential:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrable driving skills and a valid driving license.