Job Description Summary
The Lead Product Service Controls Platform Engineer role offers opportunity for direct customer impact by providing technical support to the GE Gas Power fleet in all phases of product life cycle. This role will be responsible for working with multiple cross functional teams to provide world class problem solving for control systems, HMIs, networking, and cyber security; with innovative, robust, and cost-effective solutions to ensure safe and reliable equipment operation meeting customer and business needs
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the technical resolution to gas and steam turbine complex controls and operability issues including but not limited to turbine startup, trips, grid response, model based controls, generator control interfaces
- Conversant with Mark VI/VIe Gas Turbine Generator control algorithms
- Act as a conduit and proactively facilitate cross functional collaboration between engineering teams, design teams, commercial teams, manufacturing and suppliers to develop and implement technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Manage cross-functional teams in execution of root cause investigations of GE equipment non-conformances.
- Provide technical guidance and support on critical issues for new unit installation / startup, outage work activities, in service unplanned disruptions (i.e. alarms, trips, runbacks, etc.), and customer issue resolution while meeting critical business metrics on quality and timeliness.
- Authoring of, as well as coaching and mentoring of others, in the creation of internal and external communications to provide guidance on major issue resolution
- Participate in coordinating and presenting at global technical conferences, webinars, and other customer facing events.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, for product improvement and team productivity by continuously improving processes in the way we work and feeding back fleet and product issues to design engineering teams and the NPI process to improve reliability, identify new opportunities, and drive development of effective offerings
- Demonstrate GE values and customer centric culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and/or Electrical/ Controls Systems/ Instrumentation Engineering from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 10 years field and/or design engineering experience working with GE turbine control systems applied on heavy duty gas turbine E, F, HA frames and steam turbines GE/Alstom.
- Experience and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on short notice
- Prior experience in a customer facing role or interfacing with customers
- Experience executing Six Sigma DMAIC, TOPS 8D, or other root cause techniques
- Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to direct projects and work of cross-functional nature, with demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to work well with teams and communicate requests and requirements clearly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
Relocation Assistance Provided: No