Reports To: Strategic Engagement Director
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist is responsible for promoting and utilizing the organization's knowledge assets as well working with the internal and external stakeholders of the organization. The role involves the strategic capture and sharing of technical knowledge grounded in the organization and its partners' work. The KMC Specialist reports to the Strategic Engagement Director of TAConnect and defines relevant themes for knowledge management and then works closely with the M&E Specialist to harness and package knowledge management materials for dissemination to clients, beneficiaries and peer organizations.
- Strong qualitative research skills: Design questionnaires, lead interviews, focus group discussions & synthesize valuable information.
- Ability to work with the M&E Specialist on the evaluation of data and draw evidence to develop and share findings for improved program initiative and design while ensuring implementation, learning and adaptation.
- Proficiency in communicating and disseminating results to ensure outcomes, achievements, results, successes, challenges and lessons are documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to Engages champions, collaborate with program managers and partners, to expand learning activities.
- Identify internal learning needs within TAConnect and develop a comprehensive and applicable learning strategy for program staff within and outside the organization.
- Support program managers and other subject matter experts in the development and review of written, audio, and video knowledge products according to work plans to ensure consistency and quality of deliverables.
- Work with the program managers to generate communication materials such as news, blogs, and feature materials for publication in key specialist and general-interest media, public health platforms, peer reviewed journals and networks for the Nigerian and International audience.
- Determine key PHC/health systems strengthening policy debates to which TAConnect can contribute.
- Contribute to efforts in mainstreaming innovative processes into existing strategy and program development processes within the organization, as needed.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of a monthly newsletter to raise and maintain awareness of the focus and priority areas of TAConnect.
- Lead the planning and hosting of knowledge-sharing events to ensure broad dissemination of the TAConnect’s goals and objectives and lessons harnessed which can be adopted by current and prospective partners.
- Develop and maintain knowledge repositories and platforms such as website content and social media handles.
- Represent TAConnect at conferences, meetings, and other industry events.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience (preferred) in a humanities or management discipline such as communications, organizational learning, international development, international affairs, or a relevant advanced degree.
- Proven capacity for strategic planning, annual work planning, and budget development and implementation.
- Excellent research, report writing, and technical writing skills are critical.
- Demonstrated understanding of the competencies required to successfully implement a knowledge management portfolio and draw on them to achieve results: communication; social media; ICT; graphics design; video production; photography.
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Events management and facilitation skills.
- An understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and organizational learning activities.
- Experience in several international development sectors and an understanding of the themes, issues, approaches, ethos, actors & mission.
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and organizational learning programs.
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their comprehensive CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio as a single document (PDF or Doc or Docx.) to [email protected] using the Job Title “Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist” as the subject. All applications should be sent on or before 12th April. TAConnect will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about TAConnect can be found on the TAConnect website: https://www.taconnect-ng.org