Location: Gbagada, Lagos
- The IT Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for a full range of business technology, including computer systems (hardware and software), network infrastructure, telecommunications circuits, mobile devices, telephone systems, and audio-visual equipment.
- S/he must be able to independently assess a reported problem or failure using diagnostic methods and tools, determine the likely cause and take appropriate action to resolve the problem in a timely manner.
- Often collaborating with other resources (both internal and external), the IT Support Engineer must understand system interdependencies and avoid unintentional interruption of services during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- The IT Support Engineer (2nd Level Support) reports to the IT Infrastructure Lead who has overall responsibility for the service desk and overall IT Infrastructure and services.
- Maintains work schedule and responsible for Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Provides adequate monitoring and maintenance of computer systems and networks
- Responds in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provides technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Sets up accounts for new users
- Repairs and replaces equipment as necessary
- Tests new technology
- Maintains full ownership of Help-Desk ticket through its lifecycle and Incident Management process. Ensuring all elements of the process, including Major Incident Management are implemented and operationally managed.
- Maintains the Asset Management System and Devices Log.
- Maintains various Policy and Procedure documents.
- Provides first call resolution or triage for all calls.
- Provides reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including management summary, KPIs and detailed work reports.
- Ensures updates to the Knowledge Base (KB) with all troubleshooting performed and, if applicable, the resolution are made.
- Utilizes the KB and other support documentation to identify, isolate, diagnose and resolve end users technical problems and provide information and status as requested.
- Completes initial diagnosis and progress all issues in a timely fashion to meet customer SLAs, resolving the incidents wherever possible.
- Escalates tickets to the appropriate Specialists/Technicians if required.
- Forward tickets/requests to 3rd party suppliers where necessary and manage progress of these through to closure.
- Monitors Risks, Issues, Action Logs and Dependencies.
- Manages service desk mailbox and Email System.
- Manages technician performance on a monthly basis with focus on adherence to SLA achievement, customer focus, proactive problem solving and incident avoidance, expected telephony occupancy.
- Schedules engineers to conduct incident activity.
- Works with engineers to resolve incidents.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
N120,000 – N150,000 Monthly.