The key function of an Internal Auditor is to manage and supervise all internal auditing activities for the business. The Internal Auditor is to analyze the financial processes of a company, identifying risk within business practices and evaluating the controls put in place to counter these.
Main duties include planning and executing internal audits, reviewing audit data, interviewing and consulting employees, and examining business operations. They are tasked with the goal of improving business performance through risk management and control.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
The Internal Auditor will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Plan and deliver internal audits of determined business area or department
- Prepare reports of audit findings and make recommendations to the business
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Assess the suitability of current internal controls, making suggestions for improvements where needed
- Ensure the business complies with all relevant policies, industry regulations and government legislation
- Liaise with and advise senior management on internal audit issues
- Provide support to the wider financial team on additional projects
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Maintain open communication with management
- Prepares of drafts of, audits or review reports which include the development of clear, constructive, and actionable recommendations to address risks identified.
- Highly organized, efficient, and capable
- Pro-active, energetic, and self-motivated with the ability to drive a project from conception through to completion
- Previous demonstrable experience in a similar audit role (Minimum 5 Years of experience in the Internal Audit field and in the Manufacturing sector)
- Qualified CA
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations