Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country. Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria builds on regional expert…
Read more about this company
The Human Resources Intern will work under the supervision of the HR Assistant to provide administrative support to the HR Unit and the ACE 6 team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare new employee files for all volunteers and interns hired at the states.
- Ensure that all volunteers time sheets are submitted, printed and filed accordingly.
- Process staff leave request and attendance records to ensure timely submission and processing.
- Assist and manage staff recruitment by sending invitations, reference checks, inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment.
- Assist in the onboarding of new staff and volunteers.
- Support the unit in a variety of routine HR administrative functions.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, law, Industrial Relations, Administration or related field.
- 1 year or less experience working in the human resources department of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of colleagues.
- Competences to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyzes, and explains the official framework employment regulation.
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality, and approachability.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.