Job: Head of HR at Stresert Services Limited
Our client, who is a dynamic finance company is looking for an enterprising and technology savvy/digital inclined professional to operate in the role of a Head of HR.
Location: Ikeja, GRA
We are looking to hire a dynamic HR professional to work with the management team on the implementation of a new robust HR function.
(i) HR Responsibilities:
- Create and manage a formal performance review process
- Design, propose and implement human resources strategies, guidelines and procedures within broad principles and policies to meet requirements supporting short and long-term business needs
- Provide local insight to corporate guidelines and procedures and manage the administration and implementation within respect to employee training and development programs, salary structure, performance appraisals and recognition, compensation, and benefit plans
- Ensure compliance of the company’s practices with applicable labour legislation and collective labour agreements in Nigeria and other African countries
- Secure professional legal support from external legal counsel as required
- Assist in articulation of the values and culture of the organisation
- Work with senior management to identify human resources problems/issues and provides leadership and support in finding solutions
- Organise and supervise HR/Personnel services that highly qualified personnel are recruited, developed, and motivated to achieve business objectives
- Oversee and ensure the effective running of the local payroll via external provider
(ii) Departmental Functions:
- Prepare the departmental budget.
- Manage HR departments and staff in accordance with annual objectives, budgets and plans.
- Implement the HR policies within the local departments to ensure the recruitment, training, retention, and motivation of staff.
- Coordinate matters with effect outside own department; and coordinate with and escalate matters to the supervisor.
(iii) Recruitment Responsibilities:
- Oversee recruitment and talent management
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search)
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with IT team leaders to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Approve job offer letters
- Supervise Onboarding/exit interviews
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Proven experience in managing and motivating people.
- A strong business mind and accountability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced international and multicultural environment.
- BSc. in HRM, IT or relevant degree
- MSc/MBA or Certifications from either SHRM, HRCI or CIPM is mandatory
- 5 years of relevant experience in FinTech industry
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor laws