Reports to: HGO
Effective Date: TBA
- The Ground Operation Officer is to ensure that Ground Operations activities are coordinated timely on both Domestic, Regional, and International flights on passenger, fueling, and all ground handling activities as well compiling and providing, statistics reports and information relating to ground operations.
- Ground Operations Department at UNA ensures that passengers, luggage, cargo, mail, etc. are safely onboard the aircraft prior to departure and that passengers safely disembark from the aircraft and collect their baggage intact.
- It also ensures that the aircraft is adequately and timely received and remedied for every flight and that there are excellent facilities for fueling the aircraft and for handling passengers, baggage and cargo at various stations and destinations of the airline.
- It works with and supervises third-party ground handling companies that provide fueling, cleaning, ground equipment, janitorial services, baggage handling and catering.
- Coordinate fuel and fueling activities of all UNA stations
- Coordinate the Ground Handlers related activities of all stations of UNA
- Collate and check ADIs on a daily basis
- Collate and check Ground Handlers invoices
- Liaise with fuel marketers for fuel availability in all stations
- Liaise with Ground Handlers for service availability in all stations
- Liaise with station managers on service providers-fuel and ground handling
- Coordinate cargo operations and follow up with the agents
- Coordinate charter operations
- Work close with OCC
- Work with airport owners, NCAA, NAMA, NIMET on all matters relating to safe operations of the flights
- Verify all fuel ADIs and ground handling invoices for payment
- Initiate service recovery efforts in the event of irregular operations
- Ensure proper management and maintenance of ground equipment of the
- Accept any other duties that may be assigned by the head ground operation
- UNA has its operational Base in Enugu with sub-bases in Lagos and Abuja. The job may be located on any of these bases
Experience & Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc in any discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in ground operations with reputable airlines
- Training in ground operations, dangerous goods, aviation security
- Training in flight dispatch will be an advantage
- Previous airline experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to clear security checks
- Driver’s license
- Good understanding of the IOSA Process
- Ready to travel at short notice.
Job Attribute Required Skills:
- Must be able to work late hours
- Effective communicator
- Team Player
- Comfortable working under extreme pressure
- Able to make critical decisions within short notice
- Good Presentation skills
- Multidiscipline approach
- Ready at any station.
- Reporting to the Head of Ground Operations.