2. Job Description & Key Responsibilities
At IHfRA, we tend to work simultaneously on a variety of short-term to medium-term research projects. As Intern, based in Abuja or, Lagos office, you will be assigned to one such project that will provide you with hands-on experience and a chance for the practical application of the tools and techniques you acquired at University. You will work closely with the research associate or IHfRA country office staff to support planning, logistics, and data management for different projects. In addition, we are looking for 3-5 interns to help with survey instrument programming and testing and assist in developing data quality tools (High-Frequency Check). This might include conducting or assisting with:
· Survey coding using SurveyCTO, survey Solution, Survey Togo
· Monitoring incoming data for quality assurance
- Data management and data cleaning using STATA
- Training of field team
- Monitoring and supervising field team
- Performing other assigned tasks
The Intern may train enumerators on survey tools and supervise the field team.
Our ideal candidate is a Bachelor’s degree graduate.
· A completed bachelor’s degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Public Policy, Public Health, Sociology, Demography, or a related field
- Knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Eager to learn, and gain experience in a fast-paced organization
- Resourceful and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Basic proficiency in Stata
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
In addition, we welcome:
· Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, Survey Solution, CSPro) is an added advantage
- Prior knowledge of quantitative data analysis packages
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies
- Ability to understand and consistently work towards achieving the highest quality data analysis
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable
Knowledge of R and/or Python
This internship opportunity is offered as a paid internship. The internship will be for an initial 3- month period that could be extended to 6 months dependent upon performance and IHfRA’s needs. The successful candidate will start in November 2022.
The first step in the application process is to complete a 25-minute quantitative assessment for which no special preparation is needed: https://ihfra.surveycto.com/collect/Internship_Nigeria?caseid= Candidates will be invited to upload their CV online at the end of this application.
Deadline for applications is October 11 2022.
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will, eventually, be contacted for a writing test and then for an interview.
IHfRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate upon age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Interested and qualified? Go to Innovative Hub for Research in Africa on ihfra.surveycto.com to apply