Our mission is to teach 21st Century soft and technical skills, to empower our students, and to change their lives for the better. We are building the future of digital learning in Africa and the Middle East by making technology training programs accessible to everyone!
We believe in excellence in everything that we do, and this starts with our instructors. We have an international team, and we continue to look for talented hands-on people who can join us to achieve our mission.
GoMyCode is a student-first organization that pushes our students to develop their self-learning and collaboration skills, work on real practical projects, as well as teach them how to build, design, and ship impactful tech products.
About the role
Position: Full-Time Instructor
What you will do
- Inspire students to learn today’s in-demand technical and soft skills.
- Coach students to independently find solutions to their problems.
- Guide students in their learning path, encouraging them to learn by making.
- Organize weekly meetings and follow-ups with students to ensure their progress.
- Evaluate assignments and hold simulated job interviews.
- Organize and facilitate group workshops.
- Liaise with the training center to guarantee an ideal student experience.
- Assist new instructors through the GoMyCode Mentorship Program.
- Record video courses to optimize the students’ learning experience.
- Provide feedback on how we can improve!
Other tasks could arise according to the position and the needs of the team.
- A competitive salary that increases over time
- Performance-based bonuses
- Continuing education: take GoMyCode courses for free
- The opportunity to join an amazing team and change people’s lives!
- Passion for teaching and students
- Sufficient English language skills
- Strong technical skills in the subject matters to be taught
- A positive attitude and a ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
Nice to have
- Degree and/or work experience in the subject matters to be taught
- Previous experience in education