General Financial Accounting:
- Ensure that Accounting policies, guidelines for recording financial transaction, prudent accounting.
- principles (in consultation with the CFO) and accounting standards applicable as per statutory requirements of company law are framed and followed.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the organisation’s accounting policies & procedures and update where necessary.
- Responsible for periodic book keeping review.
- Supervise the reconciliation activities and financial close activities.
- Oversees the preparation of Final Accounts, other regular review reports.
- Ensures proper maintenance of General Ledger accounts.
- Ensure the maintenance of accounting controls.
- Bank and Cash management.
- Liquidity management
- Exchange rate risk management
- Interest rate risk management
- Develop policies and strategies for evaluating different investment opportunities.
- Review investment proposals prepared and forward to CFO for investment decisions.
Investments and Fixed Assets Accounting:
- Review the proposals for capital expenditure as per his delegation of power (DOP).
- Maintain Fixed Assets records and reconciliations.
- Ensure correct and accounting for inventory.
Training and Development:
- Conduct Performance appraisal and identifying specific training and skill requirements for officers directly reporting to him
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by Director from time to time
- Other Administrative responsibilities.
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the CFO/ CEO of the company.
- Chartered Accountant, MBA will be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of Finance & Accounting and Financial Management, Banking, Cash, Treasury management etc, and at least 5 years in management position
Skills & Competencies
- Advance Accounting and Financial Techniques
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills